We comply with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 came into force on the 31st October 2000 and gives rights to individual consumers in the area of home shopping. They are intended to give consumers confidence in purchasing goods and services where there is no face to face contact with the seller. The regulations do not apply to business to business (trade) contracts.
1. Our trading name is Servevast Limited and our Head Office is situated at 3 Chase House, Park Plaza, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS12 2DD
2. We sell spare parts, and offer a repair service for domestic appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, cookers, hobs and range cookers.
3. Payment for spare parts will be taken once the goods are ordered, please note your statement will show Servevast LTD.
4. We will endeavour to dispatch spare parts within 48 hours of the order being placed (subject to stock availability with us and our suppliers).
5. We may provide alternative or superseded parts that differ from the originals. If this is the case information regarding the replacement can be given.
6. Due to safety reasons we are unable to supply technical advice on the fitting of spare parts, any customer purchasing parts is assumed to be using a qualified engineer or possess the necessary technical skills and do so at their own risk. When fitting gas related spares an engineer must be Corgi registered.
1. You have the right to cancel any order before delivery or within 14 working days of the delivery for a full refund, apart from special orders (see below). You must notify us by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your intention to cancel within this time.
Please note that you have a statutory duty for the safe return of any goods including delivery costs unless we have sent incorrect or damaged goods.
2. An item is not deemed to be incorrect if it is provided as the manufacturers’ replacement for the original that includes alternative and superseded parts and you have been advised at the time of order.
3. You are also required to return the parts unused and with the original packaging.
4. Parts that have been fitted, modified or damaged will not be accepted for return.
5. If you wish to return a part after the 14 working day ‘cooling off’ period that is either unwanted or incorrectly ordered it will be accepted if a returns note is requested within 30 days of delivery. The refund of these goods will not include handling or delivery charges and may be subject to a restocking fee. This does not include special orders that are non-returnable.
Incorrect or Faulty Orders
Please notify us within 7 working days of all shortages, faulty or damaged parts, or incorrect orders. We will, at your choice, make good any shortages or non-deliveries; replace or repair damaged or defective parts; or refund to you the amount paid for the goods in question.
To return goods you must first contact us by e-mail to arrange to have the goods returned. You will need to provide the following information:
1. The order number.
2. Part number(s) to be returned and quantity.
3. Reason why the parts are being returned.
When we receive such a request, the goods to be returned MUST meet the following criteria:
1. The request for return must be made within 14 days of the goods being received by yourselves, any requests for return made past the 14 day notification date may be not be handled. We will accept back goods that are:
(1a) Incorrectly Ordered
(1b) Surplus to Requirement
2. The goods must be within original packaging and unused. Goods that have been used will be refused and returned to the sender. Please note that all goods will have visible fitting marks on them if they are fitted.
3. Goods ordered incorrectly or no longer required by the consumer that is reported over the 30 days may be charged a re-stocking fee of up to the value of 25% at our own discretion. The re-stocking fee will be applied to the part in question only. The part would have to be returned back to ourselves by the consumer at no cost to us.
If a Return Request is successful, you will then be then given an address for the goods to be returned to, as well as an explanation on how the goods will be credited. Goods that are returned with returns authorisation MUST meet the following Criteria: -
1. Goods must be sent within 30 days of the returns authorisation. Any goods that are not returned within this time period may be refused and returned to the customer.
2. Goods must be in original packaging and unused.
3. Goods must be sent to the EXACT address given at the time of Return authorisation. Goods sent to any other address may be refused and returned to the sender.
When we receive the goods back and they match all the above criteria we will then issue a refund where necessary. Due to the administrative process this can take 7-10 working days from when we receive the goods. Goods can only by refunded by the original method of payment.
If a spare part is faulty within 12-months of purchase and supplied within the UK or EU, the company will provide a replacement (some parts are exempt from this warranty). Door seals/gaskets and light bulbs will be covered for a period of 30 days. None EU countries are exempt from warranty.
The following terms only apply to components with 2 year warranty, which is indicated where you see the 2 year warranty logo.
Special order items are non-stock lines. These items will have to be specially ordered from the manufacturer on your behalf. Delivery times are often subject to the manufacturer.
Special orders are non-returnable. If you are ordering an item that will have to go on a special order we will advise you at the point of order.
Servevast advises that all parts are fitted by a suitably qualified technician, preferably a Smeg registered agent. Servevast/Smeg cannot be held responsible for any damage or risk caused by any repair carried out by unauthorized and untrained people.
The company will not be liable for any losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was made, for losses that were not caused by any breach of the supplier or for business losses and/or losses to non-consumers.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.